History of Humppila Glassworks
Humppila Glassworks (Finnish: Humppilan lasi) was founded in 1952's and it has been offering guality Finnish glassworks since. It was founded by the glassworker brothers Helander, Olavi, Martin and Jonni. who were at that time still working under Nuuttajärvi Glasswork. Manufacturings started in a old barn in Humppila, witch was forced to auction in 1970's and bought by Rolf Alander. He built a new factory building, which began operations in 1971. Wärtsilä acquired the plant in 1986, and during its ownership of production warehouse and facilities were shaped shopping mall of specialty stores, that contains the commercial corridor. The mill is now owned by the Fiskars Corporation's subsidiary Iittala Group, a factory outlet still operates in the same building.
Source: http://www.humppilanlasi.fi/ (Finnish sites)
More information about Humppila Glass
Designlasi.com is implemented on the basis of an amateur site, which lists the figures for 1930-1980, and the use of Finnish art glass. Information and photos. http://www.designlasi.com/en
Check what Humppila products we have for sale currently.